Thursday, May 8, 2008

Doll Parts: I Don't Need a Reason to Curl Up and Dye

Gather 'round my fellow prim hair lovers, I've found some remarkable doll parts just for you. (Try not to get drool on the keyboard.) During my ongoing (and endless) search for prim hair perfection, I happened upon the Curl Up and Dye Salon. At this time I would like to take a moment to give thanks to whatever higher power lead me to the Curl Up and Dye Salon, because the experience was truly DIVINE. At the Curl Up and Dye Salon, the styles are fresh and unique, the textures are outstanding, and (OMG) there is a plethora of prim hair that (almost) justifies my excessive costume collection.

La Grand Vedette Malienne

At the outset, I should mention that there's more than just prim hair at the Curl Up and Dye Salon. While I was there, I grabbed the Fanta Damba outfit in Off-White (left) for all those occasions where a tiny, prim rope outfit featuring dangling animal pelts is in order. This outfit, made entirely of prims, is absolutely extraordinary and passed my Doll's rigorous QC with flying colors. I donned the Juju hair (also from Curl Up and Dye) in Sand with the Fanta Damba outfit to complete my Doll's tribal diva look. I think you'll agree that it's provocative and unique, to say the least.

We're Not In Kansas Anymore

Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz didn't exactly have a short skirt and thigh-high stockings, but that's never stopped anyone from instantly recognizing this rendition of the famous damsel-in-distress by my favorite costume dealer, A Touch of Ireland. (I've referred to purveyors of fine costumes in Second Life as "dealers" since the day I realized I have a serious addiction when it comes to costumes.) And thanks to divine intervention, the days of struggling to find the right hair for this costume are long gone. The Curl Up and Dye Salon gave new life to my Doll's Dorothy with its Dorothy hair in Wine (right.)





Frankly My Dear, I Don't Give A Damn

Just when I thought it couldn't get any better than finding the perfect locks for little Dorothy, I saw the prim hair magic that would breathe life into my Doll's Scarlett O'Hara. My search for a well-done recreation of Scarlett's hair also came to and end at the Curl Up and Dye Salon when I discovered Scarlett O'Hare (shown left in Brown.) Curl Up and Dye's Scarlett O'Hare is the perfect match for my Doll's Scarlett Garnet Gown (left,) also from A Touch of Ireland. Yes, this is a nearly perfect recreation of the gown that Rhett forced Miss Scarlett to wear to Ashley Wilkes' birthday party in hopes of exposing her as indecent and improper. Fiddle-Dee-Dee!

You Better Work, Girl

I don't know why or where my Doll will wear her new Fatties hair (shown right in Sand) with color-change rollers, but you can bet any excuse or none at all will do. At this point, you probably won't be surprised to find out that the Curl Up and Dye Salon offers more than one head of hair in rollers. I decided to pass on the more traditional, beauty-school-drop-out looking hair and opted for the Fatties. The Fatties hair immediately turned my Doll into a supermodel in the midst of being groomed for her next big shoot. And lemme tell ya', this hair brings the attitude. (My Doll actually thought about the possibility of not getting out of bed for less than $10,000 a day when she wore this hair.)

No comments: