Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Exquisite Jewelry at a Reasonable Price

Shyayn On Flickr

One of my resolutions for 2010 is to be more reasonable about in-world purchases, particularly avatar accessories.  I love to accessorize and fatpack is my favorite color, so it’s not difficult for me to go into a jewelry store and spend an impressive chunk of change.  (Since $L 1,000 is about $4.00 USD, a spending spree for accessories can really add up if you’re shopping somewhere that the average set in a single color retails for somewhere around $L 1,200.)  But thankfully Mariposa Jewelry appeared on my radar this week, proving that I don’t have to sacrifice quality or quantity!

I was nosing around Lithe the other day to see what prims I could steal needed to be done, and a little pink wall in Ghanie Lane’s store caught my eye.  I immediately went over to investigate, especially since I told her to return those damned guest vendors love pink.  I was pleasantly surprised to see some jewelry that looked pretty darn impressive from the display.  I checked the price and thought it couldn’t be that great because all the big name jewelers charge three times as much, but the bracelet on display held my attention for several minutes and kept calling my name.  It looked so well-done.  And to my amazement, it is!  Every meticulously-designed piece features sumptuous textures and excellent prim work.  And at $L 320 for a full set that includes earrings, a necklace, and short and long bangle bracelets, it’s safe for me to go back into the jewelry store.

Shyayn On Flickr

Mariposa Jewelry

ABOVE:

Mariposa:Aubade (Silver/Blue)
Mariposa:Aubade (Silver/Pink)
Mariposa:Aubade (Bronze/Aquamarine)
Mariposa:Aubade (Bronze/Orange)

Maitreya Aisha II - Ash Blond
LAQ ~ Alice 02 [Nougat] Glow skin
LAQ ~ Cleavage enhancer v2 - [Nougat]
caLLie cLine - bLack ribbed racer tank Jacket

 

No comments: