Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Gothic Lolita Essentials

Shyayn On Flickr 

I’m pretty sure that “gothic” is the last word anyone who knows me would use to describe me.  Nonetheless, I like to try a new look from time to time and given that the fashion subculture of the Gothic Lolita abounds in-world I saw it fit to memorialize it here.

I came to know Saur Holt, the creator behind Gothic Passionate Dreams (::GNP::,) ages ago when she had a tiny shop under another name.  I’ve gotten to know her over the years.  (Yes, it has been that long.)  And I can tell you that I don’t know anyone that is as passionate about gothic couture as she is while being a southern belle who is as sweet as pie with a self-admitted love for hip-hop and rap music.  Her prim work and clothing textures have dramatically increased over the years and today she boasts a huge store filled to the brim with quality outfits for the gothic diva.  (She does a great job with uber-short skirts too.)  Pictured above are some of her very latest releases, the ::GPD:: Gothic Lazombra outfits, and they are some of her finest work to-date.

Shyayn On Flickr

While I was there, I also picked up a set of the Gothie dresses, which are very well-done and definitely fit for a sophisticated gothic princess.  When you run by ::GNP:: make sure you check out all of the opportunities for great free stuff near the front of the store.  ::GNP:: is forever having great give-a-ways and there’s currently a complete outfit in the lucky chair right at the landing point.

Shyayn On Flickr

I opted to use one of the newest releases from the Boingo skin store, Elektra, for my first venture into the gothic fashion world.  The Boingo skin store is one of the best kept secrets on the grid and you’ll be hearing a lot more about it soon.  I selected this particular skin because it provides a beautiful face with super hot, crimson red lips and the pale tone of the skin is exemplary of those most commonly associated with the Western Gothic Lolita.  Stay-tuned because I’ll be posting a full review of Elektra!

ABOVE:

::GPD:: Striped Lazombra
::GPD:: Dreams Lazombra
::GPD:: Gothic Black Lazombra
::GPD:: Gothie-Green
::GPD:: Gothie-Pink
::GPD:: Gothie-Red
Boingo: ELEKTRA-PALE-Crimson
BAX Ankle Boots Black Patent
[the Obscene] Lashes-ARAKHNE-Tintable
Exile Ada/bluevelvet
EarthStones Mystic Pentacle Neckace - Onyx
EarthStones Mystic Pentacle Earrings – Onyx

No comments: