Thursday, March 25, 2010

I’m On A Boat

On A Boat 1 05

On A Boat 1 02

“I’m On A Boat” is easily my favorite SNL short ever.  When this SNL musical short appeared, mocking all that is holy in hip hop culture while featuring the prominent hip hop guru, T-Pain, I was immediately hooked.  I was on a boat that day and every day thereafter for at least 4 months, so much so that one of my friends made me an in-world TV that would only play “I’m On A Boat” … on repeat.  Naturally, I was ecstatic upon discovering that one of my favorite prim magicians, Akasha Wachmann of CatniP, created a mini-land yacht inspired by the SNL skit I adore.  Sadly, I had already exhausted my monthly allowance for CatniP wares when I made the discovery, so I added the “Catnip – I’m On A Boat! Drivable Mini Yacht” to my XStreetSL favorites list.  The actual boat seats one with another spot for your street-surfing buddy, REZZES UNLIMITED ADDITIONAL DOLPHIN VEHICLES on-touch for anyone else around, and even comes with a set of blue “flippy floppies.”

And yesterday was the day of reckoning!  I dusted off that listing and queued my very own boat for delivery.  I paused momentarily to admire the listing before hitting “buy now” and noticed that a few people left the primcess Akasha some nasty reviews.  Being unable to comprehend anything other than a 5-Star rating and a glowing review for anything from CatniP, I looked closer … and laughed really hard.  Apparently a few SecondLife residents completely missed the boat entirely and left statements on the product listing complaining that “the boat is so hard to steer” and “does not work … on water” as though they were really going to use this as a legitimate form of transportation or do something other than act like complete clowns while being on this boat.  And given the nature of the SNL skit that inspired this little creation, I don’t think anything could be more appropriate than SecondLife residents expressing terminal butt hurt on XStreetSL over being unable to actually use it for something other than lulz. 

On A Boat 1 03

On A Boat 1 04

On A Boat 1 01

ABOVE:

.:-CatniP-:. I'm on a Boat!

::69:: DESEO - Platinum
***Chaisuki*** BRIANNA lucent-orange 01 caramel dark brows
***Chaisuki*** Eyebrows (Modifiable)
Bliensen + MaiTai - Bottletop Necklace 2
caLLie cLine -signature white ribbed racer tank
[Decoy] Dana 76 Jeans - Dark
J's Flip-Flap & Barefoot(Black)

On Yahman Charman:

Uw.St - Grain Hair black
(PixelDolls) - MaleSkin . ToneF . 001 (shaved)
Reaction - Thongs [Charcoal]
(PixelDolls) - Swim truns . Solid . Blue
Shai - Mallory Woven Shirt Blue

On Doctor Dingo:

CALYPSO GIANO JEANS- Street Style- FRAZZLED
REDGRAVE  Sawyer Tanned Skin
ARGRACE Baseball Cap- Curly -Black
Aitui- For Rent Tee/Black?
TonkTastic- Biker Boots

No comments: