Thursday, March 4, 2010

Ode To The Scene Queen

Shyayn On Flickr

Shyayn On Flickr

I’m a pop culture fanatic, which is one of many reasons that I love the virtual world.  You can bet that anything and everything that kids are wearing, saying, or texting about can (usually) be explained and exemplified on the world wide interwebs.  And Second Life is no exception to the rule!  I consulted my favorite online source of (mis)information, Urban Dictionary, to better understand the nuanced fashion of the scene girl.  I think it’s where emo teenage angst meets everything that is super cute, but there is obviously a very healthy on-going debate.

I’ve wanted to pay homage to all the scene girls out there for a while as a big fan of Hello Kitty, cupcakes, big hair, and confident girls.  And last week, I found some hair that finally pushed me to do so!  I discovered a fabulous store called [AMG Boudoir], filled to the brim with high-quality hair, skin, shoes, and more.  (I had to have everything, so you’ll be hearing a lot more.)  But one of the first things that caught my eye was this big ‘ol mass of scene girl hair, aptly called “Scenika.” 

I donned one of my favorite Curio skins to lend a smoky eye and some adorable, pouty lips, along with a shirt from my girls over at T Junction that clearly says I have “o% Interest In You!”  I threw on some plastic bangles from *BOOM* along with a while belt and heaps of cupcake jewelry from Violet Voltaire, who I suspect is a bona fide scene queen herself.  Some super skinny jeans and a pair of very nice ballerina flats from Armidi completed the look.  I threw in my favorite facial piercings from Ephemeral Creations for good measure. 

Shyayn On Flickr

Shyayn On Flickr

ABOVE:

[AMG BOUDOIR] SCENIKA Hairstyle *BLONDE 01*
:GP: Acorn [Light] Elf-Soot 2
Ephemeral "Nathra" Piercings (dark steel, lip)
T Junction - 0%
*BOOM* Plastic Candy Bangles - Chill
{Violet Voltaire} Cuppycake Necklace - Eggplant - Short
{Violet Voltaire} Cuppycake Necklace - Eggplant - Long
{Violet Voltaire} Cuppycake Bracelet One - Eggplant
{Violet Voltaire} Cuppycake Ring - Eggplant
Mina's Belt-Shiro
[Decoy] Dana 76 Jeans - Dark
Armidi - Sasche Flats [Black]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should do more posts finding stuff like this PLEASE! I've been looking everywhere!

Anonymous said...

your an ugly ass bitch you wish you were scene
your clothes says that your just a wannabe loser

Anonymous said...

you weak ass hoe you look bogus. this look is not for you especially not that blonde