Thursday, April 1, 2010

Come Here, Tiger!

Shyayn On Flickr!
Shyayn On Flickr!
Shyayn On Flickr!
I have to be honest, I’m still in “young love” and very smitten with the new Tiger Heels from SLink, so it’s a bit early for a Shoe Report Card.  However, the preliminary results look good.  Very good.  When I saw the first pictures of them I was skeptical and really didn’t think that I’d actually like anything with a wooden heel, especially since the vast majority of the heels out there sport metal stiletto heels.  But I noticed immediately that the toes had been completely redone so I decided to investigate further.  I know the SLink slogan is “classy gear for classy babes,” but I snuck in anyways.  And you can see above, my favorite color in the new Tiger heels is FATPACK.  The textures are impressive and the wooden heel appropriately gives the whole shoe very earthy feel.  The toes are a dramatic improvement and I’m extraordinarily pleased to see that someone both understands that prim feet are very much about the toes and has also taken the time to actually update them instead of using the same tired feet and toes over and over (like nobody notices.)  Updating your toes and sculpted feet is a reinvestment in your business and a signal that you’re serious about playing ball.  And I’m pretty confident that SLink’s bottom line will demonstrate that it’s absolutely worth it.  I’ll reserve further comment on the textures and toes for a formal Shoe Report Card when I’m confident that my head isn’t clouded by my new love affair with these shoes, but I’m not done yet.
I got these shoes last week and I’ve been trying to break them ever since.  I have taken them to some seriously laggy sims and attempted to break the resize function.  I hit those resize buttons as fast as I could, knowing full well that the scripts in the shoe were still responding to the scripts in the HUD as I pressed away, making them repeatedly huge and tiny in the laggiest of laggy sims.  The reset button took them back to their original shape without fail and without a single prim out of place.  Next, I decided that sizing them independently would surely break them.  I took off one shoe and made the one I was still wearing huge, reattached the other shoe and then started banging away at those resize buttons again.  To my shock, BOTH shoes and promptly shifted to the same size, corresponding to what I specified on the HUD. 
HEAR ME NOW! THIS IS AN ACCEPTABLE RESIZE SCRIPT!  IF YOU ARE WORKING WITH SOMETHING LESS, THEN GET YOUR SHINE BOX AND GO HOME RIGHT AFTER YOU MAKE SURE THAT YOU’VE CHECKED THE BOX THAT ALLOWS ME TO MODIFY WHATEVER IT IS THAT YOU ARE SELLING ME. 
Thank You.
ABOVE:
SLink Tiger Heels Beige
SLink Tiger Heels Black
SLink Tiger Heels Blueberry
SLink Tiger Heels Grape
SLink Tiger Heels Lychee
SLink Tiger Heels Plum
SLink Tiger Heels Red
SLink Tiger Heels Watermelon
SLink Tiger Heels White

3 comments:

EnCore Mayne said...

looking forward to your Report Card Shy. Siddean and hubby make the best HUD in the biz. Fact!

Shyayn Lusch said...

She does make a good shoe, but like I said... still smitten and it puppy love so my head isn't clear yet!

Chalice Carling said...

Oooo I do like the look of these. I really like the toes in your pics so I'm off to see for myself. I do love your shoe reports :-)