Friday, April 30, 2010

Shibari Chic: Painfully Pleasurable

Shibari 04

Shibari 03

This week one of my male readers made me an offering in the form of a package simply called “Angelic Bondage.”  After my initial thoughts about the extremely high level of testicular fortitude that it took to make such an offering had passed, I suppressed the accompanying knee-jerk reaction to use my (sometimes) sharp and venomous tongue to collect another set of balls for the collection I display on my mantle at home just long enough to open the package and try on its contents.  I’m exceptionally happy that I did, for within “Angelic Bondage” was one of the finest pieces of fetish clothing I have ever come across in Second Life.

Shibari is a Japanese word that means “to tie” or “to bind” and is commonly used to describe a specific style of sexual bondage that involves tying one up in a visually-stimulating pattern of  jute rope  that intentionally forces the person being bound into an uncomfortable position.  Given the quality of the “Angelic Bondage” outfit by Ropeworx, I decided to go on my very own journey of pain for pleasure’s sake.

Shibari 05

I stopped in first at Ropeworx to verify the provenience of my newfound prize and check out the other wares for sale.  I grabbed the “Hand Marks” that you can see in the picture above.  While I’m not certain that they are distinctly hand marks, I am certain that they are finely-crafted and leave a great bit to one’s imagination about what might have left such an imprint on your posterior.  And the fact that there is a great deal left to the imagination of the end-user is an outstanding accomplishment (and no small feat) for any artist that makes goods for the fetish community in Second Life.

Upon my arrival home, clad only in rope, I decided to decorate my doll for the occasion and set the scene for the pictures you see here.  I began by resurrecting and texturing an ancient pillow I made that includes most of the traditional submissive poses available in Second Life.  I then painstakingly created the statement written on the wall using magnificent prims, sculpted at the hands of Ghanie Lane.  (Yes, it would have taken me 2 minutes in Photoshop to obtain the same result in appearance, but we’re talking about a journey of pain for pleasure.  Right?)  And while the end-product is painfully prim-heavy to intentionally drive home the message about my journey into the world of Shibari, I’m sure I’ll create a more conservative rendition at some point.

Shibari 02

In keeping with my statement about the strength found in one who chooses to submit, I decided I would accessorize my look with only the finest jewels that would convey that strength and confidence.  I didn’t have to reach farther than the space in my closet that houses my precious gems and metals by MANDALA.  There aren’t any jewels on the grid that say, “I Am Strong and Proud” like those coming out of MANDALA.  It feels like strength, beauty, and pride are the fibers that bind these precious metals, gems, and fierce nails together.  But of course I went through the most pain for giving you the pleasure of seeing what’s on my feet.

Shibari 01 

Yes, I will proudly show you my bare feet now that they’re made at the masterful hands of Siddean Munro for SLink.  I’ll be damned if she didn’t fulfill my wildest dreams by supplying a most basic need with her “Jolie Pied Barefoot Tiptoes.”  And while they fulfill all my needs in my viewer-of-choice at the moment, I decided to endure the pain of trying the new SL Viewer 2.0, for the first time, just to show you these pieces of artwork for your feet sans invisiprims.  They are magical, beautiful, and everything that my doll’s bare feet have always wanted to be.  And I cannot underscore the intense sensuality of seeing a woman with beautiful bare feet in a world where all the rest are wearing hooker heels.  (And I did receive this outfit as a gift after I spent three whole days running around in them.)

ABOVE:

Angelic Bondage by Ropeworx
Hand marks - Butt by Ropeworx
***Chaisuki*** BRIANNA base 02 caramel dark brows
***Chaisuki*** BRIANNA alt-breasts caramel
***Chaisuki*** Eyebrows (Modifiable)
[MANDALA]TAKARA Bangle/Buddha Cream/Ring & Nail/
[MANDALA]AMIDA earring/white
SLink Jolie Pied Barefoot Tiptoes
>TRUTH< Emme – champagne

SHAG - Submission (Wall)
SHAG - Submissive Pillow (Bright Red Satin)

No comments: