Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Be A CStar!

The Digital Doll On Flickr! <3

The Digital Doll On Flickr! <3

This is NOT a skin review.  Nonetheless, I have a few things to say about CStar Skins [SLurl] in Second Life and I’m pretty sure that after having seen these new faces that you too might just decide you want to be a CStar girl!  I discovered CStar Skins at the Black & Blue Fair and marveled at the completely unique faces, shading, and lips, so much so that I actually modified the shape of some of my doll’s facial features to fit with each CStar skin.  If you know me, you know that shape modifications are extraordinarily rare for me, so I welcomed the change to play with my shape (that is almost always the same) to complement the beautiful faces coming out of CStar Skins.  But that isn’t the best part, not by a long shot.

I found out that the CStar business model is as unique as the faces on the skins!  After I initially discovered CStar at the Black & Blue Fair, I visited the CStar main store to check out everything else for sale.  To my astonishment, I encountered numerous “SOLD OUT” signs over some of the skins that I would have otherwise been right-clicking to buy.  I quickly learned that each CStar skin is available only in very limited quantities on a first-come-first-serve basis. 

Creating beautiful and unique faces is sheer genius in and of itself, but giving Second Life residents an opportunity to be one of just 15 lucky people on the grid that own the exact same skin moves beyond genius and into EPIC territory!  Let’s face it, we live in a world where residents are constantly struggling to look unique and different from one another in an attempt to express their individuality and skins are a hot commodity (unless you’re a Photoshop genius with the time to make a skin just for you.)  And I probably don’t have to tell most of you that the creation of a quality skin is a tremendous and time-consuming feat.  So if you’re looking to stand out from the crowd and sport a seriously fierce face, I recommend that you check out CStar regularly.  And if the skins you see in these pictures aren’t available the next time you teleport into CStar, don’t worry because CStar has just begun the release of its “High Fashion Skin” series and you can look forward to the release of 2-3 new faces per week.

Now that you’ve gotten a better idea about CStar Skins [SLurl], I leave you with the whole picture.

The Digital Doll On Flickr! <3

ABOVE:

.::CStar::. Ava Skin - DeepTan
.::CStar::. Ava Eyebrow Shape
.::CStar::. Gabriella Skin - DeepTan
.::CStar::. Avant Eyebrow Shape
Boingo Midnight Leather Bikini
SLink Jolie Pied Barefoot Tiptoes (Wear Me)
>TRUTH< Valerie - champagne

No comments: