Thursday, June 30, 2011

Shoe Report Cards and My Current Top 10 List

[I am gratefully syndicated by iheartsl, Metavirtual, and Virtual Fashion Feed.  If you’re not getting all of your Second Life Fashion news from those sources, you should probably rethink that decision.]

TheShoeReportII600

It has been a little over a year and a half since I last released any Shoe Report Cards.  And while I’ve never been known for being the most regular or up-to-the-minute blogger, those posts were certainly some of the most popular posts I’ve ever published.  Over the past year and a half, many residents and even other bloggers have contacted me to ask whether or not I’d be issuing more Shoe Report Cards.  I always said that I was planning to, but was unsure when I’d be back in the saddle since my real life has been quite full and tumultuous over the past year. 

I’m happy to report that I am back with a new list of what I consider to be the 10 most relevant cobblers in Second Life and at least one Shoe Report Card ready to go.  As always, no ass-kissing, no Photoshop magic, and no bullshit; just me and the naked truth about what’s on your feet.  So without further adieu, I give you my current list of The Top 10 Most Relevant Shoe-Makers In Second Life (in no particular order.)

The Top 10 Most Relevant* Shoe-Makers In Second Life

1. SLink
2. Maitreya
3. N-Core
4. Orange Creations
5. NX-Nardcotix
6. LeLutka
7. Bax Boots
8. Stiletto Moody
9. Lynx
10. G-Field

*I use the term “relevant” because I believe that these are the shoe-makers that must discussed and acknowledged in any serious discussion about shoes.  While most cobblers make it to the list for exceptional quality and corresponding sales or large followings among Second Life users, at least one business is on the list for being relatively famous (or infamous,) and yet another is an often-overlooked, underrepresented “dark horse” in the Second Life shoe world.

1 comment:

colleen said...

Soooo glad you're back ! Spot on cobblers list.